Looking for an exciting, challenging opportunity to take your Data Engineer career to the next step? Seeking a fast-paced, government contracting environment where skill and motivation are rewarded, teamwork and a can-do attitude are expected, and a work-life balance is valued? Then we have the perfect position for you!
Spider Strategies has an opening for a talented, experienced Data Engineer to join our government contracting team.
** Must have a DOD SECRET (or interim) clearance and prior experience working with the US Army.**
You will support our customer as a Data Engineer and technical consultant on a strategic dashboard and business intelligence platform, focusing on manipulation and presentation of data as per client requirements.
This position involves working with data source owners to obtain data from systems of record. You will clean and transform data, writing and maintaining scripts in the process. You will build, maintain, and link datasets in the customer BI platform. You will also assist with building dashboards and reports, allowing for the most informed decisions to be made by senior leaders.
This is a full-time remote work position.
- You must have a DoD SECRET (or interim) clearance and prior experience working with the Department of Defense.
- This position requires a thorough understanding of databases, SQL, primary keys, relational integrity, bash/unix scripting, SSH, (S)FTP, and how to manipulate raw data sets (Excel, CSV, XML, JSON, etc.).
- The preferred candidate has an understanding of Military force structure and Army-related regulations/publications.
- Experience with ETL and business intelligence/reporting tools is helpful but not required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must in order to prepare concise recommendations, reports, and briefings to senior-level agency officials.
- Capability to plan, organize, and complete studies and analyses related to assigned actions.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be determined based on experience. Spider Strategies offers great benefits, including a simple IRA, Flexible Spending Account, industry leading employee benefits, and a great work environment.