Army Strategy Consultant (Crystal City, VA)
Spider Strategies has an opening for a talented, experienced Strategy Consultant to join our government contracting team in Arlington, VA.
This position is for a strategy consultant and analyst on strategic planning and performance management topics in support of US Army’s Strategic Management Program Office.
This is a full-time position working from a government provided work site in Arlington, VA
You will support our customer as a Strategy Consultant and analyst in performance management using industry best tools and practices. You will provide consultation to our customer in strategic planning, strategy execution, process improvement, and performance management. Experience or familiarity with military strategic planning, campaign planning, and/or the Balanced Scorecard are highly desirable.
The right candidate will possess knowledge and skills toward establishing links between resources and performance, strategic communications, relationship between policy and strategic planning and be able to confidently brief Senior Army Leaders.
Other tasks involve such actions as supporting strategic review meetings, developing and leading training engagements, and working with customers to execute their strategic mission.
- You must have a DoD SECRET (or interim) clearance and prior experience working with the Department of Defense.
- Knowledge of and prior use of performance management, especially within the government, strongly desired. Demonstrated understanding of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for assessment and improvement of planning and operations effectiveness and improvement of complex management processes and systems; the use of strategic planning and management techniques (such as strategy maps) is a key factor. Large and small group facilitation experience is highly desirable. Knowledge of military operations, force structure, and policy is desirable but not required.
- This position requires knowledge of strategic and performance management programs and processes, strategic planning, military readiness systems, and related regulations/publications; Military force structure and organizational structure for both administrative and war fighting purposes, and of a wide range of management techniques for management of highly complex functions and processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must in order to prepare concise recommendations, reports, and briefings to senior-level agency officials.
- Capability to plan, organize, and complete studies and analyses related to assigned actions.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Must have a college degree.
Salary and Benefits:
Highly competitive salary based on experience. In addition, Spider Strategies offers great benefits, including a simple IRA, Flexible Spending Account, industry leading employee benefits, and a great work environment.