Spider Strategies is seeking a Software Developer who is excited by tackling new challenges. We need to feed data into our main Spider Impact software, but it can come in all sorts of different formats. You will need to clean up the data and translate into a format that can be accepted by Spider Impact. Each data source you work with will be a little different and pose its own unique challenges, which will make this a great opportunity to learn how to tackle all sorts of different situations.
Whether you're a recent graduate eager to dive into the tech world or an experienced developer looking for something new, this position promises exposure to a diverse range of programming languages, database platforms, and information systems, including Business Intelligence software.
- Manipulate data in varying formats so that it can be consumed by Spider Impact, our flagship business intelligence software product
- Maintain existing scripts for data manipulation to accommodate new situations or changes in the data
- Support the U.S. Army’s G-9 office and their Sexual Harassment & Assault Reporting and Prevention program, which aims to reduce incidents of sexual harassment and assault.
- Meet with key stakeholders to understand their data needs, identify which data is needed, and the most efficient way to retrieve it
Who We're Looking For:
- Someone who's passionate about software development and eager to address diverse and evolving challenges.
- A fast learner, adept at picking up new technologies and applying them effectively.
- Someone who enjoys the balance of working remotely while also engaging in critical on-site tasks.
This hybrid role is primarily remote, but twice per week you’ll need to quickly copy some files on-site in Crystal City, VA.
Active DoD SECRET clearance
- Java or Python
- Windows Powershell or Bash
Why Spider Strategies?
We win awards every year because we treat our developers like gold. We offer a great work/life balance, tons of vacation, and fantastic benefits. Our benefits include 100% paid medical, dental and vision insurance for you, and 80% coverage for family members. We also offer life insurance, long term disability insurance, a simple IRA with matching, and all federal holidays off. Our benefits are trans-inclusive. We value diversity at Spider Strategies, and strive to create an inclusive and supportive environment.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.